Day 5
Have we been here five days already? Little C is sound asleep after another fine day of recovery.
His temp is down to just around 99, so he is feeling much better and so is everyone else. He got his chest tube removed today, which should also feel better, and is back on his regular feeding schedule. Dr. Price should be by again in the morning, so hopefully we'll get a good idea of when he thinks we can head home. The only hitch may be the IV-delivered antibiotics; however, one of the ICU docs today said that may get worked out since we have nursing help at home that could deliver the medicine, if necessary. If C keeps the current pace and can work out the antibiotics, then we might get out of here by the end of the week. We don't want to rush out, but if Collin is ready and we get the green light then we'll be hitting the road. He always does better once we get home.
Collin was very excited this morning to get to sit in his boppy pillow after being on his back and sides for a few days. Although not completely upright, he was happily content with his better view. He looked like a proud king in his throne. This also meant he could better read his books, play with toys and see the TV. He especially liked reading the board books his big brother, Parker, got for him -- he can turn the pages himself. He also likes it when his brother reads to him, so I'm sure he is anxious to get home. Hopefully, that will be soon!

9 Comments:
At 8:05 AM,
Anonymous said…
It is so wonderful to see pictures of Colln smiling -- and amazing! God certainly gives these special kids wonderful coping skills. Most adults would not be as happy after going through all Collin has.
Glad to hear he is close to going home. How lucky Collin is to have such a caring big brother too!
Peace - Susan A
At 8:17 AM,
Anonymous said…
I am glad to hear that everything is going well. I hope you guys can go home soon. I love the pics with his big smiles. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Please give my sweet baby lots of hugs and kisses for me.
Nurse Kelly
At 9:07 AM,
Anonymous said…
We are so happy that Collin is making great progress. What a trouper! We're with you all.
Bill, Jane, Merritt, Tommy and Elle
At 9:40 AM,
Anonymous said…
Awesome Job Collin! I am so excited this particular journey of your's is going well. Mommy, I have been wearing my angel earrings in honor of the little one as I did after he was born. Take care of yourselves! Hope to see you soon.
Cathy
At 9:56 AM,
Anonymous said…
Good Morning to all the Langston Family. I was so happy to read your great postings yesterday and again today. Thank goodness Collin is getting back to feeling better. As someone else wrote he is AMAZING. I'm sure we adults would not have handled all of this with big smiles. I love seeing the pictures which you are including, Collin is such a darling little boy. Our prayers continue to go out for all of your family and the other children at MCH as well. Praise God for the medical teams and wonderful care they are providing. Blessings to you, Jacki
At 10:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
Chris ... thanks for keeping us informed. We're all thinking about you guys here in STL. One of my co-workers has Collin on her church prayer list; everyone that I've ever asked her to add has always had a full recovery and I'm confident that Collin will not be an exception to this.
At 2:17 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hey Guys! Great to hear the good news about Collin! We are so happy to hear that he is recovering quickly! What a kid!
Get home soon! Susan and Walker
At 2:20 PM,
Anonymous said…
GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!!
Are you just the cutest thing in this world! I am so glad Daddy is taking those pictures (and he is quite the "captionist!") I am SOOO happy to hear your fever is down--it shouldn't be long before you can play with Parker AND your nurses AND your Springfield G'ma and Popa Jar. So many people love you, little one, you ARE the Sunshine Of Our Lives!! Isn't it wonderful to know that so many people are praying for you and care about you??! Tell Momma and Daddy they are one lucky couple to have you--can't wait to see you--definitely a play date is in the near future!
Love, Forever and Always,
G'ma NeNe
At 3:58 PM,
Anonymous said…
This blog is such a great idea - now I don't feel so far away in California. Glad to hear and see Collin doing so well. You guys are my heros.
Kelly
Post a Comment
<< Home