Mom's Turn

Yes, I am finally doing the update! I am not as good of a writer as Chris...just to for warn you all.
Collin had a pretty uneventful week. On Thursday we visited Jill (Dr. Price’s Nurse). Dr. Price was a bit under the weather so he didn’t want to see Collin face to face. Thank you, Dr. Price. Jill took off the few remaining steri-strips over Collin’s incision and I must say it is healing very nicely! So it looks like they don’t need to see us back if all continues to go well until May.
We are scheduled for the surgery to have his left side implanted and his right side expanded on May 19th. That means we will head up to Kansas City on the 18th for round two.
We are restarting Collin’s regular therapies this week. He has physical and occupational therapies weekly and speech therapy bi-weekly. I am excited for Ginger, Staci and Kris to see Collin post surgery. They are all great!
Collin seems to back to his old self. He continues to pivot around on the floor and get all tangled up in his tubing. He is still enjoying his tambourines and drums. I’ve noticed that since he has been home form the hospital he doesn’t like to be left alone. If the nurse or I walk out of the room for just a second, he gets all upset - crying with his face bright red. Hopefully, it is just a phase and he will snap out of it.Thanks again for everyone’s continuing thoughts and concerns for our boy, Collin. I rest assure all the prayers have helped him stay strong and healthy through all of this.

9 Comments:
At 7:16 AM,
Anonymous said…
CHRIS AND SARAH
I HAVE ENJOYED KEEPING UP WITH COLLIN'S PROGRES AND SO GLAD HE IS DOING SO WELL. I SENT THIS TO OUR DAUGHTER SHARI IN ST LOUIS AND HER COMMENT WAS "HE DIFFENTLY IS A LANGSTON". WE WILL CONTINUE TO KEEP YOU ALL AND COLLIN IN OUR PRAYERS. UNCLE GORDON
At 10:24 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hello Langstons!
I'm happy to hear all is well with Collin! It's great he has experienced such a speedy recovery what a trooper! Thanks for giving us the updates - I always love to check in and hear the good news and see the new pictures!
Love, Susan and Walker
At 10:44 AM,
Anonymous said…
When we stopped by yesterday for a little "play date" we were amazed at how well the incision looked and how well he has bounced back! There he was sitting on the floor, with Mommy, jamming with his drum and his tamborine! Chris and Sarah, you have just been amazing with your Collin, so involved with his care and adapting your life around him, the nurses, his therapies, not counting all his Dr. appts and trips to Kansas City. We continually are amazed at your stamina, and your positive attitude. You have such big hearts and we love you for that, and are so very proud of you.
Love, Forever and Always, G'ma NeNe and Papa Jar.
At 10:47 AM,
Anonymous said…
P.S. Sarah, Good Job on the last posting and loved the pictures, especially the "donut guy!"
At 3:14 PM,
Anonymous said…
As always ... thanks for the updates "the boy". Thoughts and prayers will continue from this one in hopes that the second surgery is as successful as the first.
At 12:34 PM,
Anonymous said…
Chris and Sarah,
It's Shari the daughter that Uncle Gordon is talking about. You have a beautiful child in Collin. He is truly a special and wonderful gift. I am so happy for this site to keep us updated on his progress. If there is anything I can do from St. Louis, please don't hesitate to ask. Sending you strength and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
Shari Follis
(Gordon & Marlene's Langston's Daughter)
At 9:24 AM,
Anonymous said…
Another St. Louis'er here....
Chris & Sarah,
You guys have truly come a long way with Collin! Our friends and I continue to keep you all in our prayers. It's so nice to know that God truly listens for such a wonderful little boy. I have the pictures that I took on New Years of Collin on my desktop of my computer, along with my kids, and everyone always asks quesitons when they see him and let them know that he's just simply a "Miracle"!!
Love,
Kara, Donnie, and family
At 8:01 AM,
Anonymous said…
I think we now have a national spokeschild for Krispy Kreme! Hope things are going well!
Ryan
At 11:20 AM,
Anonymous said…
Dear Collin,
I missed you this Valentines day!!!
You are still and always will be my Sugar Baby.
Hugs and Kisses
Aunt Jacque
Post a Comment
<< Home