The Langston Fam

Friday, May 26, 2006

Help Liz

Elizabeth "Liz" D’Agostino is one of Collin's nurses and is raising money for a six-week mission trip to the Philippines this summer and needs your help in the last few days of her fundraising efforts. Liz has been an awesome member of our extended family and is a testament to Collin's good health since he has been home from the hospital. Collin always happy and excited when Liz is here. As much as we hate to lose her for those few weeks, we know she will make a profound impact on those she touches while she is there.

Here's the letter she sent to Sarah and I:


Dear Chris and Sarah,

It is with joy that I am writing to you this May. I am writing to tell you about my mission trip to the Philippines this summer. Since childhood I have had a desire for missions over seas. Growing up in Bolivia gave me an understanding and appreciation for life outside of the United States. Now God is giving me a chance to start preparing for full-time missions.

I am currently finishing my junior year at Missouri State University. The past three years have been a remarkable time of spiritual growth and maturity, and I am excited to start my senior year to finish preparations for life outside of school. Besides working on my education, I have been fellowshipping with other Chri
stians through my involvement with campus ministries and my local church congregation. Being connected with campus ministries has given me the opportunity to learn how to share my faith and build leadership skills. I have been blessed to help young women grow in their walks with God by leading weekly bible studies with Campus Crusade for Christ and the MSU Swimming team. These bible studies, along with other experiences, have taught me how to rely on God daily and serve Him with trust and humility.

As my relationship with God deepens, He shows me the possibilities for my future by serving Him. This is why I am very excited to have the opportunity to serve this summer with Christ in Youth by traveling to the Philippines. Christ in Youth is a ministry of spreading the good news of Jesus Christ, uplifting and supporting dedicated missionaries, accelerating spiritual growth, and above all providing an opportunity to allow God to direct my life in the vocation of His choosing. During this five week missions trip my team will be working with veteran missionaries to plan a True Love Waits abstinence program. We will deliver this program to several colleges and universities. We will also be involved with existing ministries of evangelism and church planting, leader training, medical evangelism, and children’s home.

God has been training me to serve others on my campus for the last three years; now I have the chance to serve over seas. This will be a tremendous summer of new challenges and spiritual growth. God has stirred a passion within me for cultural groups outside of the United States. I feel an intense yearning to serve the lost by sharing the Word. There are many who have never had the chance to hear about Christ’s salvation simply because no one has shared it with them.

As Paul says, “How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!”
Romans 10:14-15

There are many ways to be involved with missions; by going, sending, praying, and welcoming. Those who do not have the opportunity to go can serve by using their resources to support those who do. As I begin preparing for this trip, I must first trust in the Lord to provide the necessary funds to meet my needs. This means I will be depending on people like you for support. Currently, I am raising a total of $2,573. This support pays for air travel abroad, surface travel abroad, work projects, meals, lodging, staging camp, administration expenses, and literature.

This is a chance for you to reach the students of the Philippines. Will you prayerfully consider joining in supporting me this summer? I am very much in need of those who will give $100, $200, or more. However, any gifts and prayers are appreciated and welcomed. The summer trip will begin on June 13th, thus I will need to have my support raised in full by June 1st. Any monetary gifts are tax deductible; checks can be made payable to Christ in Youth.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like any additional information. I would love to talk with you! I can be reached at elizabeth926@missouristate.edu or 573.489.0424.

Thank you for your consideration to partner with me in my ministry with Christ in Youth.

Yours in Christ,
Elizabeth D’Agostino

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home